- 1 cup white medium grain rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium or 2 small (about 2 cups) zucchini, grated
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt + pepper to taste
- 1 - 2 tablespoons milk
In a medium sauce pan, combine rice and broth, and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 15 – 20 mins, or until liquid is absorbed.
Remove from heat and stir in zucchini, cheese, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
Stir in milk if needed to thin out the sauce.
Note: Add strips of pan fried chicken seasoned with a little salt and pepper to bulk up your meal.