In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Yellow Squash, Grape Tomatoes and Red Oak Lettuce are unavailable due to supply and quality issues.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good however some prices are up with the cooler weather slowing supply.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Butternut Pumpkin
- Brushed (dirty) Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts
- Green Capsicum
- Asian Vegetables
- Silverbeet Spinach
- Hydro Lettuces
- Wild Rocket, Baby Spinach and Salad Mix
- Pineapples are very nice and good value.
- Watermelons, Rockmelons and Honeydew melons are also nice.
- Red Papaya is available again and very good.
- Australian Navel Oranges have started. They are still a bit tangy but nice fruit. Valencia Oranges and USA Navel Oranges have finished.
- Lemons and Limes are in season and very good.
- New Season Ruby Grapefruit have started.
- Imperial Mandarins are in season and at their best.
- Gala, Fuji, Jazz, Pink Lady, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all new season fruit and excellent. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good and reasonably priced.
- New Season Packham and Nashi Pears are available and very good.
- Green Grapes have finished but Red Grapes are still available and nice.
- Australian Green Kiwifruit and NZ Kiwi Gold are in season.
- Plums have finished.
- Strawberries are unavailable due to supply and quality issues. Blueberries are out of season and we have stopped them for now.
- Passionfruit are good and relatively cheap.
- Quinces are in season.
- Try our Medjool Dates, Honey and Free Range Eggs.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 9 pm on Monday for delivery to Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby (South), Mount Colah (north of Yirra Rd), Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.