In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Cauliflower, Rocket bunches, English Spinach and some of the Asian Vegetables are unavailable. Sugar Snaps and Red Oak Lettuces are available again.
- Cabbages, Red Capsicum and Tomatoes are expensive due to short supply.
- Some Herb lines are unavailable and most Herbs are more expensive due to light supply.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are generally easing.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Qld Pumpkin
- Brushed (dirty) Potatoes
- Green Capsicum
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Button Mushrooms
- Baby Bok Choy and Chinese Broccoli
- Wild Rocket, Baby Spinach and Salad Mix
- Pineapples and Papaya are very nice.
- Rockmelons and Honeydew melons and good. Watermelons are scarce and expensive.
- Valencia Oranges are in season and good. USA Navel Oranges are also available.
- Lemons are cheaper and Limes are still good value.
- Ruby Grapefruit are unavailable for now.
- New season Gala and Red Delicious Apples have started and are the best value apples. Pink Lady and Granny Smith apples are also available. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good but prices are up with the Qld floods impacting supply.
- Williams Pears are finishing and Packham Pears are starting. Nashi Pears have also started. All varieties of Pears are very good.
- Figs are in season and nice. Figs have a short shelf life and must be refrigerated and consumed within a few days.
- Australian Grapes are in season and very good.
- Italian Green Kiwifruit are in season.
- We have stopped Nectarines and Peaches as they are finishing and past their best. Plums are still nice.
- Blueberries are nice and there are some good quality Strawberries available too.
- Passionfruit are good and reasonably priced.
- Try our Medjool Dates, Honey and Free Range Eggs.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 9 pm on Monday for delivery to Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby (South), Mount Colah (north of Yirra Rd), Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.