In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Chinese Cabbage is not available.
- Eggplant and Iceberg Lettuce are expensive due to light supply.
- Australian Asparagus is in season.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Jap Pumpkin
- Sweet Potato
- Brushed (dirty) Potatoes
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Regular Tomatoes
- Baby Bok Choy
- Hydro Lettuces
- Wild Rocket, Baby Spinach and Salad Mix
- Pineapples, Red Papaya, Rockmelons and Honey Dew are nice.
- Mini Melons (small watermelons) are available and nice.
- Navel Oranges, Blood Oranges, Lemons, Limes, Ruby Grapefruit and Afourer Mandarins are in season. Imperial Mandarins and Tangelos have finished.
- Gala, Fuji, Jazz, Pink Lady, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are available and very good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good and reasonably priced.
- Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears are very good.
- We have sourced some nice USA Red Seedless Grapes.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are still very good. Italian Kiwifruit will start soon.
- Mangoes have started with some nice early season fruit available.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are in season and nice.
- Passionfruit is in-between seasons and not available.
- Free Range Eggs are more expensive due to light supply.
- Medjool Dates are available in loose quantities only (no packs).
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 9pm on Monday for delivery to Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby (South), Mount Colah (north of Yirra Rd), Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.