In Vegetable and Salad lines:
- Chinese Cabbage, Baby Broccoli and English Spinach are not available.
- Potatoes, Cauliflower, Broccoli and Celery are still expensive.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices have eased.
The best value vegetable and salad items are:
- Brushed (dirty) Potatoes
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Regular Tomatoes
- Hydro Lettuces
- Salad Mix, Baby Spinach and Rocket
- Pineapples, Red Papaya, Rockmelons and Seedless Watermelon are all nice. Honeydew melons are available again too.
- Limes and Lemons are good and there are some nice Ruby Grapefruit available too. Navel Oranges from USA are available. Valencia oranges are only available in 2nds (3kg Bag). Mandarins have appeared in the Market but the quality is not good yet.
- New season Gala and Mi (Fuji / Gala cross) apples have started. Pink Lady and Granny Smith Apples are also still available. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good and prices are easing.
- New season Williams Pears have started. Nashi Pears have also started.
- Australian Green and Red Seedless Grapes are in season.
- Australian Kiwifruit have started.
- Plums are still nice but we have stopped Nectarines and Peaches as they are finishing and past their best.
- Strawberries are nice but we have stopped Blueberries due to quality issues.
- Passionfruit are available and nice.
- Free-Range Eggs, Medjool Dates and Honey (500g only) are expected to be available. Egg prices are up though.