In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Savoy Cabbage, Baby Beetroot and English Spinach are unavailable.
- Jap Pumpkin, Cabbage and Beans are expensive due to short supply.
- Brussels Sprouts have started and are good value.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Brushed (dirty) Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts
- Green and Red Capsicum
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Button Mushrooms
- Asian Vegetables
- Wild Rocket, Baby Spinach and Salad Mix
- Pineapples and Papaya are very nice.
- Watermelons, Rockmelons and Honeydew melons are also nice.
- Valencia Oranges are nearing the end of their season as are USA Navels. Australian Navel Oranges are still a few weeks away.
- Lemons are in season and Limes are still good value.
- New Season Ruby Grapefruit have started.
- Mandarins have improved and we will start them this week.
- New season Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are available. Pink Lady Apples are also available. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good and prices are easing.
- New Season Packham and Nashi Pears are available and very good. Williams Pears have finished.
- Grapes are still very good.
- Australian Green Kiwifruit are in season.
- Plums are nice but we have stopped Nectarines and Peaches as they are finishing and past their best.
- Blueberries are nice and there are some good quality Strawberries available too.
- Passionfruit are good but prices are on the way up again.
- Quinces are in season.
- Try our Medjool Dates, Honey and Free Range Eggs.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 9pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Asquith, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Hornsby North, Hornsby Heights, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Mount Colah (up to Yirra Rd) Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.