In Vegetable and Salad lines:
- Qld Blue Pumpkin, Corn and Eggplant are in short supply. Tomatoes have tightened up too.
- Brussels Sprouts are finishing.
- Capsicums are not at their best and Green Capsicum are unavailable due to quality issues.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best seasonal vegetable and salad items are:
- Jap Pumpkin
- Sweet Potato
- Brushed (dirty) and Chats (small white) Potatoes
- Baby Bok Choy and Choy Sum
- Salad Mix, Baby Spinach and Rocket
- Pineapples, Rockmelons and Honeydew are good. Papaya is also nice but in short supply.
- Seedless Watermelon is nice. Due to food safety regulations, we can only supply whole watermelons (sorry, no cut watermelon).
- Navel Oranges, Blood Oranges, Afourer Mandarins, Tangelos, Lemons, Limes and Ruby Grapefruit are good. Imperial Mandarins have finished.
- Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all very good. Jazz Apples have finished. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears are nice.
- Bananas are good with improved supply.
- Australian Grapes have finished. We have started USA Green Grapes.
- New Zealand Green Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are very good.
- Mangoes have started with some nice early season fruit available.
- Strawberries prices are on the way up with the peak season coming to an end. Blueberries are nice and reasonably priced.
- Passionfruit are available but pricey.
- Free-Range Eggs, Medjool Dates and Honey are available. Eggs are abundant and cheap.