In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- New season Shepard Avocadoes are now available. Hass Avocadoes have finished.
- Sugar Snaps, Red Oak Lettuces, Rocket bunches, English Spinach and some of the Asian Vegetables are unavailable.
- Some Herb lines are also unavailable and most Herbs are more expensive due to light supply.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are easing.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Qld Pumpkin
- Brushed (dirty) Potatoes
- Red Cabbage
- Green Capsicum
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Button Mushrooms
- Baby Bok Choy and Chinese Broccoli
- Wild Rocket, Baby Spinach and Salad Mix
- Pineapples are very nice. Papaya is also nice again.
- Rockmelons, Honeydew melons and Watermelons are good.
- Valencia Oranges are in season and good. USA Navel Oranges are also available.
- Lemons are starting to get cheaper. Limes are nice and still better value.
- Ruby Grapefruit are unavailable for now.
- New season Gala Apples have started and are the best value apples. Pink Lady and Granny Smith apples are also available. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good but prices are up with the Qld floods impacting supply.
- New season Williams Pears are excellent. Nashi Pears have also started.
- Figs are in season and nice. Figs have a short shelf life and must be refrigerated and consumed within a few days.
- Australian Grapes are in season and very good.
- Italian Green Kiwifruit are in season.
- KP Mangoes, Apricots and Cherries have finished.
- Nectarines, Peaches and Plums are in season and nice.
- Blueberries are nice but Strawberries are unavailable due to poor quality.
- Passionfruit are good but prices are rising again.
- Try our Medjool Dates, Honey and Free Range Eggs.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 9pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Asquith, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Hornsby North, Hornsby Heights, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Mount Colah (up to Yirra Rd) Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.