In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Eggplant is scarce and expensive.
- Telegraph Cucumbers are unavailable due to quality concerns. Lebanese Cucumbers are nice but pricey.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Qld Pumpkin
- Sweet Potato
- Brushed Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts
- Regular Tomatoes
- Baby Bok Choy
- Silverbeet and English Spinach
- Salad Mixes and Hydro Lettuces
- Pineapples (Topless) are very nice.
- Rockmelons and Honeydew are smaller at the moment but good.
- Watermelon and Papaya are nice again and back on our list.
- Navel Oranges, Blood Oranges, Ruby Grapefruit and Lemons are all in season and at their best. Limes are less abundant and prices have tightened.
- Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious, Fuji, Jazz and Granny Smith apples are available and very good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good and reasonably priced.
- Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears are nice.
- Imperial Mandarins have finished. Afourer Mandarins and Tangelos are still very good and will available for a few more weeks.
- USA Grapes have started with Menindee Green Grapes the best at the moment.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are available and excellent.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are in season and nice.
- Passionfruit are also nice.
- Try our Medjool Dates, Honey and Free Range Eggs.
- Chillies have been moved to the Herb Category
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.