In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Potatoes are expensive due to light supply.
- Australian Asparagus is in season and nice.
- Yellow Squash is unavailable at the moment.
- We have added Mini Lebanese Cucumbers (250g punnet) to our Product List.
- Red Oak Lettuce are unavailable due to quality issues.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Butternut Pumpkin
- Brushed Potatoes
- Green and Red Capsicum
- Lebanese Cucumber
- Regular Tomatoes
- Baby Bok Choy
- Silverbeet Spinach
- Salad Mixes and Hydro Lettuce
- Pineapples (Topless) and Papaya are very nice.
- Rockmelons and Honeydew melons and in season and good value. Watermelon is also good.
- Navel Oranges, Blood Oranges, Ruby Grapefruit and Lemons are good. Valencia Oranges have started and are the best oranges for juicing. Limes are less abundant and prices have tightened.
- Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious, Fuji and Granny Smith apples are still very good. Jazz Apples are now NZ fruit. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good but prices are firmer.
- Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears are nice.
- Mandarins have finished.
- USA Green and Red Seedless Grapes are available. Australian Grapes are still a few weeks away.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are in season and excellent.
- There is only a light supply of Mangoes at the moment and prices have firmed.
- We will have some nice early season Peaches and Nectarines starting this week but they are expensive.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are very good.
- Passionfruit are nice but expensive.
- Try our Medjool Dates, Honey and Free Range Eggs.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 9 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.