In Vegetable and Salad lines:
- Soup Packs are back and we have added Fioretto (long stem cauliflower blossom) to our list.
- Eggplant, Mushrooms and Iceberg Lettuce are in short supply.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best seasonal vegetable and salad items are:
- Jap & Qld Pumpkin
- Sweet Potato
- Brushed (dirty) Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts
- Salad Mix, Baby Spinach and Rocket
- Pineapples, Rockmelons and Honeydew are good.
- Watermelon and Red Papaya are out of season and not available.
- Australian Navel Oranges, Imperial Mandarins, Tangelos, Lemons, Limes and Ruby Grapefruit are all in season and good value.
- New season Pink Lady, Jazz, Gala, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all very good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- New season Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears are also nice. Quinces have finished.
- Banana supply is light and prices are up.
- Green Grapes have finished but Australian Red Seedless Grapes are still good.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit have started and are very good.
- QLD Strawberries are starting but Blueberries are out of season.
- Passionfruit are available and good.
- Free-Range Eggs, Medjool Dates and Honey are available. Eggs are abundant and cheap.