In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Cauliflower and Celery are expensive due to light supply.
- Hass Avocadoes are finishing and Shepard Avocadoes will start soon.
- Australian Asparagus has finished so we have switched to imported.
- Green and Red Oak Lettuces, Rocket bunches, English Spinach and some of the Asian Vegetables have been damaged by the hot weather and storms and are unavailable.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Qld Pumpkin
- Brushed (dirty) or Chats (small white) Potatoes
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Button Mushrooms
- Regular Tomatoes
- Salad Mixes and Baby Cos Lettuce
- Pineapples and Papaya are very nice.
- Rockmelons and Watermelon are also good. Honeydew is in between crops and unavailable.
- Valencia Oranges are very good. Lemons are scarce but Limes are plentiful and good value.
- New season Gala Apples have started. Pink Lady and Granny Smith apples are all still available and very good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good but prices have tightened.
- New season Williams Pears have started.
- Australian Grapes are in season and very good.
- Italian Green Kiwifruit are in season.
- KP Mangoes, Apricots and Cherries have finished.
- Nectarines, Peaches and Plums are in season and nice.
- Strawberries are struggling with the hot weather but Blueberries are nice.
- Passionfruit are in season and relatively cheap.
- Try our Medjool Dates, Honey and Free Range Eggs.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 9pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Asquith, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Hornsby North, Hornsby Heights, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Mount Colah (up to Yirra Rd) Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.