In Vegetable and Salad lines:
- Qld Blue Pumpkin, Corn, Eggplant, Brussels Sprouts and Sugar Snaps are in short supply. Tomatoes have tightened up too.
- Green Capsicum are unavailable due to quality issues.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best seasonal vegetable and salad items are:
- Jap Pumpkin
- Sweet Potato
- Brushed (dirty) and Chats (small white) Potatoes
- Chinese Cabbage (Wombok)
- Baby Bok Choy and Choy Sum
- Salad Mix, Baby Spinach and Rocket
- Pineapples, Rockmelons and Honeydew are good. Papaya is also nice but there is only a light supply.
- Seedless Watermelon is available but expensive. Due to food safety regulations, we can only supply whole watermelons (sorry, no cut watermelon).
- Navel Oranges, Blood Oranges, Afourer Mandarins, Tangelos, Lemons, Limes and Ruby Grapefruit are all in season. Imperial Mandarins have finished.
- Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all very good but Jazz Apples have finished. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears are nice.
- Bananas are good with improved supply.
- Australian Grapes have finished. We have started USA Green Grapes.
- New Zealand Green Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are in season and very good.
- Mangoes have started with some good early season fruit available.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are nice.
- Passionfruit are available but pricey.
- Free-Range Eggs, Medjool Dates and Honey are available. Eggs are abundant and cheap.