In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Savoy Cabbage, Rocket bunches, English Spinach and some of the Asian Vegetables are unavailable.
- Jap Pumpkin, Cabbage and Cauliflower are expensive due to short supply.
- Some Herb lines are unavailable and most Herbs are more expensive due to light supply.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are easing.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Butternut Pumpkin
- Brushed (dirty) Potatoes
- Green Capsicum
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Button Mushrooms
- Baby Bok Choy and Chinese Broccoli
- Wild Rocket, Baby Spinach and Salad Mix
- Pineapples and Papaya are very nice. Papaya is a bit expensive though.
- Honeydew melons are also nice. Watermelons and Rockmelons are scarce and expensive.
- Valencia Oranges are in season and good. USA Navel Oranges are also available.
- Lemons are cheaper and Limes are still good value.
- Ruby Grapefruit are unavailable for now.
- New season Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are available. Pink Lady Apples are also available. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good but prices are up with the Qld weather affecting supply.
- New Season Packham and Nashi Pears are available and very good. Williams Pears have finished.
- Figs are struggling with the weather so we have finished them for this season.
- Australian Grapes are in season and very good.
- French Green Kiwifruit are in season.
- Plums are nice but we have stopped Nectarines and Peaches as they are finishing and past their best.
- Blueberries are nice and there are some good quality Strawberries available too.
- Passionfruit are good and reasonably priced.
- Try our Medjool Dates, Honey and Free Range Eggs.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 9pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Asquith, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Hornsby North, Hornsby Heights, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Mount Colah (up to Yirra Rd) Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.