In Vegetable and Salad lines:
- Soup Packs are back in our list (in Veg – Hard category).
- Eggplant, Beans and Cucumbers are in short supply.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best seasonal vegetable and salad items are:
- Sweet Potato
- Brushed (dirty) and Chats (small white) Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts
- Salad Mix, Baby Spinach and Rocket
- Pineapples, Rockmelons and Honeydew are good.
- Watermelon and Red Papaya are out of season and not available.
- Australian Navel Oranges, Imperial Mandarins, Lemons, Limes and Ruby Grapefruit are all in season and good value.
- New season Pink Lady, Jazz, Gala, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all very good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- New season Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears are also nice. Quinces have finished.
- Banana supply is light and prices are up.
- Australian Green and Red Seedless Grapes are still available. Red Grapes are the better option.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit have started and are very good.
- QLD Strawberries are starting but Blueberries are out of season.
- Passionfruit are available and good.
- Free-Range Eggs, Medjool Dates and Honey are available. Eggs are abundant and cheap.