In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Cauliflower and Celery are expensive due to light supply.
- We have stopped the imported Asparagus due to quality issues.
- Red Capsicum are a bit small but nice.
- Red Oak Lettuces are heat affected and unavailable.
- Baby Spinach, Rocket bunches, English Spinach and some of the Asian Vegetables are also unavailable.
- We have included Leeks again but moved them to the “Veg – Other” category.
- Some Herb lines are unavailable and most Herbs are more expensive due to light supply.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good, but prices are up.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Qld Pumpkin
- Brushed (dirty) or Chats (small white) Potatoes
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Button Mushrooms
- Regular Tomatoes
- Salad Mix
- Pineapples are very nice. Papaya is unavailable due to poor quality.
- Rockmelons and Watermelon are good. Honeydew is in between crops and unavailable.
- Valencia Oranges are very good. USA Navel Oranges are also available.
- Lemons are scarce but Limes are better value.
- Ruby Grapefruit (imported) are unavailable for now.
- New season Gala Apples have started and are the best value apples. Pink Lady and Granny Smith apples are also available and very good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good but prices are up with the Qld floods impacting supply.
- New season Williams Pears have started.
- Australian Grapes are in season and very good.
- Italian Green Kiwifruit are in season.
- KP Mangoes, Apricots and Cherries have finished.
- Nectarines, Peaches and Plums are in season and nice.
- Strawberries are unavailable with the hot and stormy weather knocking them out. Blueberries are still available and nice.
- Passionfruit are nice but prices are rising again.
- Try our Medjool Dates, Honey and Free Range Eggs.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 9pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Asquith, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Hornsby North, Hornsby Heights, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Mount Colah (up to Yirra Rd) Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.