In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Corn and Yellow Squash are unavailable.
- Red Capsicum and Celery are expensive due to light supply.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Jap and Qld Pumpkin
- Sweet Potato
- Chats (small white) and Brushed (dirty) Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts
- Green Capsicum
- Regular Tomatoes
- Baby Bok Choy
- Silverbeet Spinach
- Hydro Lettuces
- Wild Rocket, Baby Spinach and Salad Mix
- Red Papaya are in season and very good. Pineapples are also good.
- Rockmelons and Honeydew melons are nice but expensive. Watermelons are struggling with the cold so we have stopped them for now.
- Navel Oranges, Blood Oranges, Lemons, Limes, Ruby Grapefruit, Tangelos and Imperial Mandarins are all in season and at their best.
- Gala, Fuji, Jazz, Pink Lady, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all available and very good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good and reasonably priced.
- Packham and Nashi Pears are nice.
- Green Grapes have finished but Red Grapes are still available.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are in season and excellent.
- Queensland Strawberries are at their best. Blueberries are nice again and back on our list.
- Passionfruit are good and reasonably priced.
- Free Range Eggs are more expensive due to light supply.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 9 pm on Monday for delivery to Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby (South), Mount Colah (north of Yirra Rd), Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.