In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Savoy Cabbage, Rocket bunches, English Spinach and some of the Asian Vegetables are unavailable.
- Jap Pumpkin and Cabbage are expensive due to short supply.
- Some Herb lines are unavailable and most Herbs are more expensive due to light supply.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are generally easing.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Brushed (dirty) Potatoes
- Green Capsicum
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Button Mushrooms
- Baby Bok Choy and Chinese Broccoli
- Wild Rocket, Baby Spinach and Salad Mix
- Pineapples and Papaya are very nice.
- Honeydew melons are also nice. Watermelons and Rockmelons are good but expensive.
- Valencia Oranges are in season and good. USA Navel Oranges are also available.
- Lemons are cheaper and Limes are still good value.
- New Season Ruby Grapefruit have started.
- Mandarins are in the Market but too sour, so we’ll wait a week or two before starting them.
- New season Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are available. Pink Lady Apples are also available. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good and prices are easing.
- New Season Packham and Nashi Pears are available and very good. Williams Pears have finished.
- Grapes are still very good.
- Australian Green Kiwifruit are in season.
- Plums are nice but we have stopped Nectarines and Peaches as they are finishing and past their best.
- Blueberries are nice and there are some good quality Strawberries available too.
- Passionfruit are good and reasonably priced.
- Try our Medjool Dates, Honey and Free Range Eggs.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 9 pm on Monday for delivery to Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby (South), Mount Colah (north of Yirra Rd), Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.