In Vegetable and Salad lines:
- Corn, Yellow Squash and Baby Corn are not available.
- Snow Peas are scarce and expensive.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are:
- Chats (small white) Potatoes
- Chinese Cabbage
- Red and Green Capsicum
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Regular Tomatoes
- Baby Bok Choy and Choy Sum
- Hydro Lettuces
- Salad Mix, Baby Spinach and Rocket
- Pineapples, Red Papaya, Rockmelons, Honeydew Melons and Seedless Watermelon are good.
- Australian Navel Oranges and Imperial Mandarins are in season. Limes, Lemons and Ruby Grapefruit are available too. Valencia oranges (2nds) are still available in 3kg bags.
- New season Jazz, Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious and Granny Smith apples are available. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good and prices are easing.
- New season Packham and Beurre Bosc Pears have started. Nashi Pears are also in season. Williams Pears have finished.
- Australian Green and Red Seedless Grapes are still nice.
- Australian Green Kiwifruit and New Zealand Kiwi Gold have started.
- Plums are still nice but Nectarines and Peaches have finished.
- Strawberries are nice but we have stopped Blueberries due to quality issues.
- Passionfruit are available too.
- Free-Range Eggs, Medjool Dates and Honey are available.