In Vegetable and Salad lines:
- Australian Asparagus has started.
- Qld Blue Pumpkin, Cabbage, Eggplant and Sugar Snaps are in short supply.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best seasonal vegetable and salad items are:
- Jap Pumpkin
- Sweet Potato
- Brushed (dirty) and Chats (small white) Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts
- Green Capsicum
- Baby Bok Choy and Choy Sum
- Salad Mix, Baby Spinach and Rocket
- Pineapples are more abundant but Papaya, Rockmelons and Honeydew are all in short supply.
- Seedless Watermelon is available and good. Due to food safety regulations, we can only supply whole watermelons (sorry, no cut watermelon).
- Navel Oranges, Blood Oranges, Afourer Mandarins, Tangelos, Lemons and Ruby Grapefruit are all in season. Limes are scarce and expensive. Imperial Mandarins have finished.
- Pink Lady, Jazz, Gala, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all very good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears are also nice.
- Bananas are good with improved supply.
- Australian Grapes have finished. We have started USA Green Grapes.
- New Zealand Green Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are in season and very good.
- Strawberries are good and Blueberries have started too.
- Passionfruit are available and good.
- Free-Range Eggs, Medjool Dates and Honey are available. Eggs are abundant and cheap.