In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Cauliflower and Celery are expensive due to light supply.
- Hass Avocadoes are finishing and Shepard Avocadoes will start soon.
- Australian Asparagus has finished so we have switched to imported.
- Green and Red Oak Lettuces, Rocket bunches, English Spinach and some of the Asian Vegetables have been damaged by the hot weather and storms and are unavailable.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Qld Pumpkin
- Brushed (dirty) or Chats (small white) Potatoes
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Button Mushrooms
- Regular Tomatoes
- Salad Mixes and Baby Cos Lettuce
- Pineapples and Papaya are very nice.
- Rockmelons and Watermelon are also good. Honeydew is in between crops and unavailable.
- Valencia Oranges are very good. Lemons are scarce but Limes are plentiful and good value.
- New season Gala Apples have started. Pink Lady, Fuji and Granny Smith apples are all still available and very good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good but prices have tightened.
- New season Williams Pears have started.
- Australian Grapes are in season and very good.
- Italian Green Kiwifruit are in season.
- KP Mangoes, Apricots and Cherries have finished.
- Nectarines, Peaches and Plums are in season and nice.
- Strawberries are struggling with the hot weather but Blueberries are nice.
- Passionfruit are in season and relatively cheap.
- Try our Medjool Dates, Honey and Free Range Eggs.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 9 pm on Monday for delivery to Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby (South), Mount Colah (north of Yirra Rd), Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.