In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Savoy Cabbage, Rocket bunches, English Spinach and some of the Asian Vegetables are unavailable. Sugar Snaps and Red Oak Lettuces are available again.
- Jap Pumpkin, Cauliflower, Tomatoes and Iceberg Lettuce are expensive due to short supply.
- Some Herb lines are unavailable and most Herbs are more expensive due to light supply.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Qld Pumpkin
- Brushed (dirty) Potatoes
- Green Capsicum
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Button Mushrooms
- Baby Bok Choy and Chinese Broccoli
- Wild Rocket, Baby Spinach and Salad Mix
- Pineapples and Papaya are very nice. Papaya is a bit expensive though.
- Honeydew (Dinosaur) melons are also very nice. Watermelons and Rockmelons are scarce and expensive.
- Valencia Oranges are in season and good. USA Navel Oranges are also available.
- Lemons are cheaper and Limes are still good value.
- Ruby Grapefruit are unavailable for now.
- New season Gala, Fuji, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are now available. Pink Lady Apples are also available. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good but prices are up with the Qld weather affecting supply.
- New Season Packham and Nashi Pears are available and very good. Williams Pears have finished.
- Figs are struggling with the weather so we have finished them for this season.
- Australian Grapes are in season and very good.
- French Green Kiwifruit are in season.
- Plums are nice but we have stopped Nectarines and Peaches as they are finishing and past their best.
- Blueberries are nice and there are some good quality Strawberries available too.
- Passionfruit are good and reasonably priced.
- Try our Medjool Dates, Honey and Free Range Eggs.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 9 pm on Monday for delivery to Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby (South), Mount Colah (north of Yirra Rd), Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.