In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Baby Spinach is available again.
- Red Capsicums are a bit small but nice.
- Red Oak Lettuces, Rocket bunches, English Spinach and some of the Asian Vegetables are unavailable.
- Some Herb lines are also unavailable and most Herbs are more expensive due to light supply.
- Most green vegetables and some salad lines are expensive due to very light supply.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Qld Pumpkin
- Brushed (dirty) or Chats (small white) Potatoes
- Red Cabbage
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Button Mushrooms
- Regular Tomatoes
- Baby Bok Choy and Chinese Broccoli
- Wild Rocket, Baby Spinach and Salad Mix
- Pineapples are very nice. Papaya is also nice again.
- Rockmelons, Honeydew melons and Watermelon are good.
- Valencia Oranges are very good. USA Navel Oranges are also available.
- Lemons are scarce. Limes are nice and better value.
- Ruby Grapefruit are unavailable for now.
- New season Gala Apples have started and are the best value apples. Pink Lady and Granny Smith apples are also available and very good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good but prices are up with the Qld floods impacting supply.
- New season Williams Pears are excellent.
- Australian Grapes are in season and very good.
- Italian Green Kiwifruit are in season.
- KP Mangoes, Apricots and Cherries have finished.
- Nectarines, Peaches and Plums are in season and nice.
- Blueberries are nice but Strawberries are unavailable due to poor quality.
- Passionfruit are good but prices are rising again.
- Try our Medjool Dates, Honey and Free Range Eggs.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 9 pm on Monday for delivery to Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby (South), Mount Colah (north of Yirra Rd), Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.