In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Cauliflower, Broccoli and Celery are expensive due to light supply.
- Hass Avocadoes are finishing and Shepard Avocadoes will start soon.
- Australian Asparagus has finished so we have switched to imported.
- Green and Red Oak Lettuces, Rocket bunches, English Spinach and some of the Asian Vegetables have been damaged by the hot weather and are unavailable.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Jap and Qld Pumpkin varieties
- Brushed Potatoes
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Button Mushrooms
- Regular Tomatoes
- Salad Mixes and Baby Cos Lettuce
- Pineapples and Papaya are very nice.
- Rockmelons and Watermelon are also good. Honeydew is in between crops and unavailable.
- Valencia Oranges are very good. Lemons are scarce but Limes are plentiful and good value.
- Pink Lady, Red Delicious, Fuji and Granny Smith apples are all still very good. New season Gala Apples will start soon. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good but prices have tightened.
- Packham Pears have finished. New season Williams Pears will start soon.
- Australian Grapes are in season and very good.
- Italian Green Kiwifruit are in season.
- KP Mangoes, Apricots and Cherries have finished.
- Nectarines, Peaches and Plums are in season and nice.
- Strawberries are struggling with the hot weather but Blueberries are nice.
- Passionfruit are in season and cheap.
- Try our Medjool Dates, Honey and Free Range Eggs.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 9 pm on Monday for delivery to Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby (South), Mount Colah (north of Yirra Rd), Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.