In Vegetable and Salad lines:
- Soup Packs have been included in our list (in Veg – Hard category).
- Eggplant and Cucumbers are scarce and expensive.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are:
- Jap (Kent) Pumpkin
- Chats (small white) Potatoes
- Cabbage and Chinese Cabbage
- Green Capsicum
- Button Mushrooms
- Regular Tomatoes
- Asian Vegetables
- Silverbeet Spinach
- Salad Mix, Baby Spinach and Rocket
- Pineapples and Red Papaya are nice. Rockmelons, Honeydew melons and Watermelons are also good.
- Navel Oranges and Imperial Mandarins are at their best. Limes, Lemons and Ruby Grapefruit are good too.
- New season Jazz, Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious and Granny Smith apples are available. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good and cheap.
- Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears are in season.
- Red Seedless Grapes are still nice. Green Grapes have finished.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are in season.
- QLD Strawberries are in season. Blueberries are available again too.
- Passionfruit are available and nice.
- Quinces are in season (in Fruit – Other category).
- Free-Range Eggs, Medjool Dates and Honey are available.