In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Cauliflower and Celery are expensive due to light supply.
- Red Capsicum are a bit small but nice.
- Red Oak Lettuces are heat affected and unavailable.
- Baby Spinach, Rocket bunches, English Spinach and some of the Asian Vegetables are also unavailable.
- Some Herb lines are unavailable and most Herbs are more expensive due to light supply.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good, but prices are up.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Qld Pumpkin
- Brushed (dirty) or Chats (small white) Potatoes
- Red Cabbage
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Button Mushrooms
- Regular Tomatoes
- Salad Mix and Wild Rocket
- Pineapples are very nice. Papaya is unavailable due to poor quality.
- Rockmelons and Watermelon are good. Honeydew melons are available again and nice.
- Valencia Oranges are very good. USA Navel Oranges are also available.
- Lemons are scarce are Limes are also less abundant.
- Ruby Grapefruit are unavailable for now.
- New season Gala Apples have started and are the best value apples. Pink Lady and Granny Smith apples are also available and very good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good but prices are up with the Qld floods impacting supply.
- New season Williams Pears are nice.
- Australian Grapes are in season and very good.
- Italian Green Kiwifruit are in season.
- KP Mangoes, Apricots and Cherries have finished.
- Nectarines, Peaches and Plums are in season and nice.
- Strawberries are unavailable with the hot and stormy weather knocking them out. Blueberries are still available and nice.
- Passionfruit are nice but prices are rising again.
- Try our Medjool Dates, Honey and Free Range Eggs.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 9 pm on Monday for delivery to Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby (South), Mount Colah (north of Yirra Rd), Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.