In Vegetable and Salad lines:
- Soup Packs have been included in our list (in Veg – Hard category).
- Corn is in-between crops and unavailable.
- Eggplant and Cucumbers are scarce and expensive.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are:
- Chats (small white) Potatoes
- Cabbage and Chinese Cabbage
- Brussels Sprouts
- Green Capsicum
- Asian Vegetables
- Silverbeet Spinach
- Salad Mix, Baby Spinach and Rocket
- Red Papaya and Pineapples are nice.
- Rockmelons, Honeydew melons and Watermelons are scarce and inconsistent so we have stopped them for now.
- Navel Oranges, Blood Oranges, Lemons, Ruby Grapefruit, Tangelos, and Afourer Mandarins are all in season and at their best. Limes are scarce and expensive. Imperial Mandarins have finished.
- Jazz, Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious and Granny Smith apples are all available and very good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good and cheap.
- Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears are nice.
- USA Green and Red Seedless Grapes have started.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are in season and very good.
- QLD Strawberries are in season and at their best. Blueberries are nice too.
- Passionfruit are available and nice.
- Free-Range Eggs, Medjool Dates and Honey are available.