In Vegetable and Salad lines:
- Imported Asparagus has finished. The Australian season will start soon.
- Eggplant, Sugar Snaps and Cucumbers are in short supply.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best seasonal vegetable and salad items are:
- Jap Pumpkin
- Sweet Potato
- Brushed (dirty) and Chats (small white) Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts
- Green Capsicum
- Baby Bok Choy and Choy Sum
- Salad Mix, Baby Spinach and Rocket
- Pineapples, Papaya, Rockmelons and Honeydew are all in short supply.
- Watermelon is out of season.
- Navel Oranges, Blood Oranges, Afourer Mandarins, Lemons and Ruby Grapefruit are all in season. Limes are scarce and expensive. Imperial Mandarins have finished.
- Pink Lady, Jazz, Gala, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all very good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears are also nice.
- Bananas are good but prices are up.
- Australian Grapes have finished. We have started USA Grapes.
- New Zealand Green Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are in season and very good.
- Strawberries are good and Blueberries have started too.
- Passionfruit are available and good.
- Basil is scarce and expensive.
- Free-Range Eggs, Medjool Dates and Honey are available. Eggs are abundant and cheap.