In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Cauliflower and Chinese Cabbage are expensive due to light supply. Broccoli is more abundant and cheaper this week.
- Australian Asparagus is in season.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Jap and Qld Pumpkin
- Sweet Potato
- Brushed (dirty) Potatoes
- Green Capsicum
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Regular Tomatoes
- Baby Bok Choy
- Hydro Lettuces
- Wild Rocket, Baby Spinach and Salad Mix
- Pineapples, Red Papaya, Rockmelons and Honey Dew are nice. Seedless Watermelon is available too.
- Navel Oranges, Lemons, Limes, Ruby Grapefruit and Afourer Mandarins are good. Blood Oranges have finished. We have switched to Valencia for our 2nds Oranges.
- Gala, Fuji, Jazz, Pink Lady, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are available and very good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good and reasonably priced.
- Packham Pears are still very good. Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears have finished.
- We have sourced some nice USA Red Seedless Grapes.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are still very good. Italian Kiwifruit will start soon.
- Mangoes are in season and nice.
- Peaches and Nectarines (yellow fruit) have started. The early fruit is nice but expensive.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are in season and nice.
- Passionfruit is in-between seasons and not available.
- Free Range Eggs are more expensive due to light supply.
- Medjool Dates are available in loose quantities only (no packs).
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 9pm on Monday for delivery to Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby (South), Mount Colah (north of Yirra Rd), Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.