In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Cauliflower and Celery are expensive due to light supply.
- We have stopped the imported Asparagus due to quality issues.
- Red Capsicum are a bit small but nice.
- Red Oak Lettuces are heat affected and unavailable.
- Baby Spinach, Rocket bunches, English Spinach and some of the Asian Vegetables are also unavailable.
- We have included Leeks again but moved them to the “Veg – Other” category.
- Some Herb lines are unavailable and most Herbs are more expensive due to light supply.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good, but prices are up.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Qld Pumpkin
- Brushed (dirty) or Chats (small white) Potatoes
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Button Mushrooms
- Regular Tomatoes
- Salad Mix
- Pineapples are very nice. Papaya is unavailable due to poor quality.
- Rockmelons and Watermelon are good. Honeydew is in between crops and unavailable.
- Valencia Oranges are very good. USA Navel Oranges are also available.
- Lemons are scarce but Limes are plentiful and good value.
- Ruby Grapefruit (imported) are unavailable for now.
- New season Gala Apples have started. Pink Lady and Granny Smith apples are also available and very good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good but prices are up with the Qld floods impacting supply.
- New season Williams Pears have started.
- Australian Grapes are in season and very good.
- Italian Green Kiwifruit are in season.
- KP Mangoes, Apricots and Cherries have finished.
- Nectarines, Peaches and Plums are in season and nice.
- Strawberries are unavailable with the hot and stormy weather knocking them out. Blueberries are still available and nice.
- Passionfruit are in season and relatively cheap.
- Try our Medjool Dates, Honey and Free Range Eggs.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 9 pm on Monday for delivery to Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby (South), Mount Colah (north of Yirra Rd), Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.