In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Brussels Sprouts and Celery are expensive due to light supply.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Jap Pumpkin
- Sweet Potato
- Chats (small white) Potatoes
- Green Capsicum
- Regular Tomatoes
- Baby Bok Choy
- Hydro Lettuces
- Wild Rocket, Baby Spinach and Salad Mix
- Pineapples, Red Papaya, Rockmelons and Honey Dew are nice. Rockmelons are the best value.
- Watermelons are struggling with the cold so we have stopped them for now.
- Navel Oranges, Blood Oranges, Lemons, Limes, Ruby Grapefruit, Tangelos, Afourer Mandarins and Imperial Mandarins are all in season and at their best.
- Gala, Fuji, Jazz, Pink Lady, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all available and very good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good but prices are up.
- Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears are available and nice.
- We have stopped Grapes until the Australian season starts.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are in season and excellent.
- Strawberries are at their best. Blueberries are nice again and back on our list.
- Passionfruit are good and reasonably priced.
- Free Range Eggs are more expensive due to light supply.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 9 pm on Monday for delivery to Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby (South), Mount Colah (north of Yirra Rd), Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.