In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Potatoes are expensive due to light supply.
- Australian Asparagus and Broad Beans are in season and nice.
- Yellow Squash is unavailable at the moment.
- We have added Mini Lebanese Cucumbers (250g punnet) to our Product List.
- Red Oak Lettuce are unavailable due to quality issues.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Qld Pumpkin
- Brushed Potatoes
- Green and Red Capsicum
- Lebanese Cucumber
- Regular Tomatoes
- Baby Bok Choy
- Silverbeet Spinach
- Salad Mixes and Hydro Lettuce
- Pineapples (Topless) and Papaya are very nice.
- Rockmelons and Honeydew melons and in season and good value. Watermelon is also good.
- Navel Oranges, Blood Oranges, Ruby Grapefruit and Lemons are good. Valencia Oranges have started and are the best oranges for juicing. Limes are less abundant and prices have tightened.
- Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious, Fuji and Granny Smith apples are still very good. Jazz Apples are now NZ fruit. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good but prices are firmer.
- Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears are nice.
- Mandarins have finished.
- USA Green and Red Seedless Grapes are available. Australian Grapes are still a few weeks away.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are in season and excellent.
- There is only a light supply of Mangoes at the moment and prices have firmed.
- We will have some nice early season Peaches and Nectarines but they are expensive.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are very good.
- Passionfruit are nice but expensive.
- Try our Medjool Dates, Honey and Free Range Eggs.
Due to the Market holiday on Tuesday, for this week, order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 9 pm on Sunday for delivery to Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby (South), Mount Colah (north of Yirra Rd), Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Monday afternoon or evening.