In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Cauliflower, Chinese Cabbage and Broccoli are expensive due to light supply.
- Australian Asparagus is in season.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Jap and Qld Pumpkin
- Sweet Potato
- Brushed (dirty) Potatoes
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Regular Tomatoes
- Baby Bok Choy
- Hydro Lettuces
- Wild Rocket, Baby Spinach and Salad Mix
- Pineapples, Red Papaya, Rockmelons and Honey Dew are nice. Seedless Watermelon is available too.
- Navel Oranges, Blood Oranges, Lemons, Limes, Ruby Grapefruit and Afourer Mandarins are good. Imperial Mandarins and Tangelos have finished.
- Gala, Fuji, Jazz, Pink Lady, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are available and very good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good and reasonably priced.
- Packham and Nashi Pears are very good. Beurre Bosc Pears have finished.
- We have sourced some nice USA Red Seedless Grapes.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are still very good. Italian Kiwifruit will start soon.
- Mangoes are in season and nice.
- Peaches and Nectarines (yellow fruit) have started. The early fruit is nice but expensive.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are in season and nice.
- Passionfruit is in-between seasons and not available.
- Free Range Eggs are more expensive due to light supply.
- Medjool Dates are available in loose quantities only (no packs).
For this week, order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 9pm on Sunday for delivery to Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby (South), Mount Colah (north of Yirra Rd), Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Monday.