In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Potato prices have tightened due to light supply.
- Australian Asparagus is in season and nice.
- Lebanese Cucumbers are more abundant and prices are easing.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Butternut Pumpkin
- Sweet Potato
- Green Capsicum
- Lebanese Cucumber
- Regular Tomatoes
- Baby Bok Choy
- Silverbeet and English Spinach
- Salad Mixes and Hydro Lettuces
- Pineapples (Topless) and Papaya are very nice.
- Rockmelons, Honeydew and Watermelon are also good.
- Navel Oranges, Blood Oranges, Ruby Grapefruit and Lemons are all in season and at their best. Limes are less abundant and prices have tightened.
- Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious, Fuji, Jazz and Granny Smith apples are available and very good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good and reasonably priced.
- Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears are nice.
- Imperial Mandarins and Tangelos have finished. Afourer Mandarins are still very good and will available for a few more weeks.
- USA Grapes are available with Menindee Green Grapes the best at the moment.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are in season and excellent.
- Mangoes have started with some early season Northern Territory fruit available.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are nice. The strawberry brands we use are not implicated in the needle sabotage but the advice with all strawberries is to cut them up and look to ensure they are ok.
- Passionfruit are smaller at the moment but very nice.
- Try our Medjool Dates, Honey and Free Range Eggs.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Monday for delivery to Asquith, Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby, Hornsby Heights, Mount Colah, Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.