In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Potatoes and Corn are expensive due to light supply.
- Australian Asparagus is in season and nice.
- Brussels Sprouts have finished.
- Yellow Squash is unavailable at the moment.
- Red Oak Lettuce are unavailable due to quality issues.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- All Pumpkin varieties
- Brushed Potatoes
- Green Capsicum
- Snow Peas
- Lebanese Cucumber
- Regular Tomatoes
- Baby Bok Choy
- Salad Mixes and Hydro Lettuce
- Pineapples (Topless) and Papaya are very nice.
- Honeydew melons and Watermelon are also nice. Rockmelons are a bit scarce and prices have tightened
- Valencia Oranges have started and are very good. Navel Oranges and Blood oranges have finished. Lemons and Limes are less abundant and prices have tightened.
- Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious, Fuji and Granny Smith apples are all available very good. Jazz Apples are now NZ fruit. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good and prices are easing.
- Packham and Nashi Pears are still available but will finish soon. Beurre Bosc Pears have finished.
- Australian Grapes have started. The early season fruit is very nice but expensive.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are still good but will finish soon.
- Queensland KP Mangoes are in season and very good.
- Peaches, Nectarines and Cherries are gaining momentum. Apricots are inconsistent so we have stopped them for now.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are very good.
- Passionfruit are nice but expensive.
- Try our Medjool Dates, Honey and Free Range Eggs.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 9 pm on Monday for delivery to Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby (South), Mount Colah (north of Yirra Rd), Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.