In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Potatoes are expensive due to light supply.
- Yellow Squash is unavailable at the moment.
- We have added Mini Lebanese Cucumbers (250g punnet) to our Product List.
- Red Oak Lettuce are unavailable due to quality issues.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- All Pumpkin varieties
- Brushed Potatoes
- Green and Red Capsicum
- Lebanese Cucumber
- Regular Tomatoes
- Baby Bok Choy
- Salad Mixes and Hydro Lettuce
- Pineapples (Topless) and Papaya are very nice.
- Rockmelons, Honeydew melons and Watermelon are good.
- Navel Oranges, Blood Oranges, Ruby Grapefruit and Lemons are still very good. Valencia Oranges have started and are the best oranges for juicing. Limes are less abundant and prices have tightened.
- Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious, Fuji and Granny Smith apples are all available very good. Jazz Apples are now NZ fruit. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good and prices are easing.
- Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears are nice but will finish soon.
- Mandarins have finished.
- USA Green and Red Seedless Grapes are available. Australian Grapes are still a few weeks away.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are very good but will finish soon.
- Queensland KP Mangoes have started and are very good.
- There are some nice early season Peaches and Nectarines available and prices have started to ease. Apricots have also started.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are very good.
- Passionfruit are nice but expensive.
- Try our Medjool Dates, Honey and Free Range Eggs.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 9 pm on Monday for delivery to Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby (South), Mount Colah (north of Yirra Rd), Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.