In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Potato prices have tightened due to light supply.
- Telegraph Cucumbers are available again and cucumber prices are easing.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Butternut Pumpkin
- Sweet Potato
- Regular and Roma Tomatoes
- Baby Bok Choy
- Silverbeet and English Spinach
- Salad Mixes and Hydro Lettuces
- Pineapples (Topless) are very nice.
- Rockmelons and Honeydew are smaller at the moment but good.
- Watermelon and Papaya are nice again and back on our list.
- Navel Oranges, Blood Oranges, Ruby Grapefruit and Lemons are all in season and at their best. Limes are less abundant and prices have tightened.
- Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious, Fuji, Jazz and Granny Smith apples are available and very good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good and reasonably priced.
- Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears are nice.
- Imperial Mandarins have finished. Afourer Mandarins and Tangelos are still very good and will available for a few more weeks.
- USA Grapes have started with Menindee Green Grapes the best at the moment.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are available and excellent.
- Mangoes have started with some early season Northern Territory fruit available.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are in season and nice. The strawberry brands we use are not implicated in the needle sabotage but the advice with all strawberries is to cut them up and look to ensure they are ok.
- Passionfruit are also nice.
- Try our Medjool Dates, Honey and Free Range Eggs.
- Chillies have been moved to the Herb Category
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Monday for delivery to Asquith, Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby, Hornsby Heights, Mount Colah, Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.