In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Australian Asparagus is in season and nice.
- Brussels Sprouts have finished.
- The quality of Telegraph and Mini Leb Cucumbers is inconsistent so we have stopped them for now. Lebanese Cucumbers are in season and excellent.
- Red Oak Lettuce are unavailable due to quality issues.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good but prices have tightened.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Jap and Qld Pumpkin varieties
- Brushed Potatoes
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Regular Tomatoes
- Baby Bok Choy
- Salad Mixes and Hydro Lettuce
- Pineapples (Topless) and Papaya are very nice.
- Rockmelons, Honeydew melons and Watermelon are also good. Rockmelon prices are easing.
- Valencia Oranges have started and are very good. Navel Oranges and Blood oranges have finished. Lemons are scarce but Limes are starting up again.
- Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious, Fuji and Granny Smith apples are all still very good. We have finished up Jazz Apples. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good and cheap.
- Packham Pears are still available but will finish soon. Nashi and Beurre Bosc Pears have finished.
- Australian Grapes have started. The early season fruit is very nice but still expensive.
- Italian Green Kiwifruit have started but NZ Kiwi Gold have finished.
- KP Mangoes are in season and very good.
- Apricots, Peaches, Nectarines and Cherries are all in season and nice. We will also have Lychees available through until Christmas.
- Strawberries are struggling with the warmer weather but Blueberries are nice.
- Passionfruit are nice and prices are easing.
- Try our Medjool Dates, Honey and Free Range Eggs.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 9 pm on Monday for delivery to Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby (South), Mount Colah (north of Yirra Rd), Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.