In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Telegraph Cucumbers are unavailable due to quality concerns. Lebanese Cucumbers are nice but pricey.
- Eggplant is also scarce and expensive.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Qld Pumpkin
- Sweet Potato
- Brushed Potatoes and Chats
- Brussels Sprouts
- Green Capsicum
- Regular Tomatoes
- Baby Bok Choy
- Silverbeet and English Spinach
- Salad Mixes and Hydro Lettuces
- Rockmelons and Honeydew are smaller at the moment but good. Watermelons are struggling with the cold so we have stopped them for now.
- Pineapples (Gold Topless) are very nice.
- Papaya is inconsistent so we have stopped it for now.
- Navel Oranges, Blood Oranges, Ruby Grapefruit and Lemons are all in season and at their best. Limes are less abundant and prices have tightened.
- Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious, Fuji, Jazz and Granny Smith apples are available and very good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good and reasonably priced.
- Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears are nice.
- Mandarins are excellent. The best mandarin varieties are now imperial hybrid’s (Amigo this week – easy peel, very few seeds and very sweet). Afourer Mandarins and Tangelos are also very good.
- Australian Grapes have finished. USA Grapes have started with Menindee Green Grapes the best at the moment.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are available and excellent.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are nice.
- Passionfruit are also nice.
- Try our Medjool Dates, Honey and Free Range Eggs.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Monday for delivery to Asquith, Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby, Hornsby Heights, Mount Colah, Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.