In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Corn is expensive due to light supply. We have included pre-packed Corn in our product list which comes packs of 3 (large) or 4 (smaller) corn cobs and is better value than loose corn.
- We will continue our 1kg Vegetable Soup Pack throughout the winter. The pack contains carrot, parsnip, swede, onion, celery and sweet potato.
- Telegraph Cucumbers are unavailable due to quality concerns. Lebanese Cucumbers are nice but pricey.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Sweet Potato
- Brushed Potatoes
- Green Capsicum
- Regular Tomatoes
- Baby Bok Choy
- Silverbeet Spinach
- Salad Mixes and Hydro Lettuces
- Rockmelons, Honeydew and Watermelons are good and prices are reasonable.
- Pineapples are nice and good value. Papaya is also nice.
- Australian Navel Oranges are in season and excellent. The 3kg bags of Oranges (seconds) are now Navels too.
- Ruby Grapefruit are in season and very good
- Lemons and Limes are good. Lemons are cheaper.
- Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious, Fuji and Granny Smith apples are all in season. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are very good but prices are up.
- Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears are in season and nice.
- Imperial Mandarins are in full swing and excellent.
- Green Grapes have finished but Red Grapes are still available and nice.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are in season and excellent.
- New season QLD Strawberries have started. The fruit is nice and prices are easing. Blueberries are out of season and we have stopped them for now.
- Passionfruit are available and nice.
- Our local Hornsby Heights Honey supplier has run out for now so we have returned to sourcing Honey through the Markets.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Monday for delivery to Asquith, Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby, Hornsby Heights, Mount Colah, Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.