In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Chinese Cabbage is unavailable due to supply and quality issues. Other Cabbage lines are expensive.
- Capsicum are scarce and prices are up.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Sweet Potato
- Brushed Potatoes
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Regular Tomatoes
- Chinese Vegetables
- Silverbeet Spinach
- Salad Mixes and Hydro Lettuces
- Rockmelons, Honeydew and Watermelons are good.
- Pineapples are nice and good value.
- Papaya is available again and good.
- Australian Navel Oranges have started. They are a bit tangy but nice fruit. Valencia (seconds) are still available in 3kg bags.
- New season Lemons and Ruby Grapefruit have started. Limes are still good value.
- New season Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious, Fuji and Granny Smith apples have started. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good and cheap at the moment.
- New season Packham and Beurre Bosc Pears have started. Nashi Pears are also available.
- Mandarins have started. The early fruit is a bit tangy but quite nice.
- Grapes are still available and nice.
- Australian Kiwifruit have started and are good now.
- Plums are still nice but we have finished up Peaches and Nectarines.
- Strawberries are good but expensive. Blueberries are out of season and we have stopped them for now.
- Passionfruit are available again.
- Our local Hornsby Heights Honey supplier has run out for now so we have returned to sourcing Honey through the Markets.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.