In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Telegraph Cucumbers are unavailable due to quality concerns. Lebanese Cucumbers are very scarce and pricey.
- Eggplant is also scarce and expensive.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Qld Pumpkin
- Sweet Potato
- Brushed Potatoes and Chats
- Brussels Sprouts
- Red and Green Capsicum
- Regular Tomatoes
- Baby Bok Choy
- Silverbeet and English Spinach
- Salad Mixes and Hydro Lettuces
- Rockmelons and Honeydew are smaller at the moment but good. Watermelons are struggling with the cold so we have stopped them for now.
- Pineapples (Gold Topless) are very nice.
- Papaya is inconsistent so we have stopped it for now.
- Navel Oranges, Blood Oranges, Ruby Grapefruit, Lemons and Limes are all in season and at their best.
- Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious, Fuji, Jazz and Granny Smith apples are available and very good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good and reasonably priced.
- Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears are nice.
- Mandarins are excellent. The best mandarin varieties are now imperial hybrid’s (Amigo this week – easy peel, very few seeds and very sweet). Afourer Mandarins and Tangelos are also very good.
- Australian Grapes have finished. USA Grapes will start soon.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are available and excellent.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are nice.
- Passionfruit are also nice.
- Try our Medjool Dates, Honey and Free Range Eggs.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.