In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Capsicum are generally smaller at the moment.
- Most vegetable and salad lines are good but the cold snap has slowed supply and prices are generally stronger.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Sweet Potato
- Brushed Potatoes
- Green Capsicum
- Regular Tomatoes
- Silverbeet Spinach
- Salad Mixes and Hydro Lettuces
- Rockmelons, Honeydew and Watermelons are good.
- Pineapples are nice and good value.
- Papaya is available again and good.
- Australian Navel Oranges have started. They are a bit tangy but nice fruit. Valencia (seconds) are still available in 3kg bags.
- New season Lemons and Ruby Grapefruit have started. Limes are still good.
- Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious, Fuji and Granny Smith apples are all in season. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good and cheap at the moment.
- Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears are in season and nice.
- Imperial Mandarins are in full swing and excellent.
- Green Grapes have finished but Red Grapes are still available and nice.
- Australian Kiwifruit have started but are slow to ripen.
- We have finished up all stone fruit until next season.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are out of season (poor quality) and we have stopped them for now.
- Passionfruit are available again.
- Our local Hornsby Heights Honey supplier has run out for now so we have returned to sourcing Honey through the Markets.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.