In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Chinese Cabbage is expensive due to light supply.
- Yellow Squash is unavailable due to supply and quality issues.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good although prices are generally firm.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Sweet Potato
- Brushed Potatoes
- Green Capsicum
- Regular and Roma Tomatoes
- Chinese Vegetables
- Silverbeet Spinach
- Salad Mixes and Hydro Lettuces
- Rockmelons, Honeydew and Watermelons are good.
- Pineapples are nice and cheaper again.
- Papaya is unavailable due to supply and quality issues.
- Valencia Oranges are in season. USA Navels are also available.
- New season Lemons and Ruby Grapefruit have started. Limes are abundant and cheap.
- New season Gala, Red Delicious and Fuji apples have started. Granny Smith Apples are also available and good. Pink Lady apples have finished until the new season fruit starts in about 3 weeks. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are nice and prices are easing again.
- New season Williams Pears have started. Nashi Pears have also started but supply is very light.
- Grapes are in season and nice.
- Italian Kiwifruit are available but expensive.
- Peaches and Nectarines are still very good. Plums are also nice.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are good but prices are firm.
- Passionfruit are available and nice.
- Our local Hornsby Heights Honey supplier has run out for now so we have returned to sourcing Yellow Box Honey through the Markets.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.