In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Chinese Cabbage is unavailable due to supply and quality issues. Other Cabbage lines are expensive.
- Capsicum are scarce and prices are up.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Sweet Potato
- Brushed Potatoes
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Regular Tomatoes
- Chinese Vegetables
- Silverbeet Spinach
- Salad Mixes and Hydro Lettuces
- Rockmelons, Honeydew and Watermelons are good.
- Pineapples are nice and good value.
- Papaya is available again and good.
- Valencia Oranges are still juicy and sweet. USA Navels are also available.
- New season Lemons and Ruby Grapefruit have started. Limes are still good value.
- New season Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious, Fuji and Granny Smith apples have started. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good and cheap at the moment.
- New season Packham and Beurre Bosc Pears have started. Nashi Pears are also available.
- Mandarins have started. The early fruit is a bit tangy but quite nice.
- Grapes are still available and nice.
- Australian Kiwifruit have started and are good now.
- Plums are still nice but we have finished up Peaches and Nectarines.
- Strawberries are good but expensive. Blueberries are out of season and we have stopped them for now.
- Passionfruit are available again.
- Our local Hornsby Heights Honey supplier has run out for now so we have returned to sourcing Honey through the Markets.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Monday for delivery to Asquith, Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby, Hornsby Heights, Mount Colah, Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.