In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- We have added pre-packed Corn to our product list which comes in a pack of 4 and is better value than loose corn.
- We have also added a 1kg Vegetable Soup Pack to our list which contains carrot, parsnip, swede, onion, celery and sweet potato.
- Most vegetable and salad lines are good but the cold snap has slowed supply and prices are generally stronger.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Sweet Potato
- Brushed Potatoes
- Green Capsicum
- Baby Bok Choy
- Silverbeet Spinach
- Salad Mixes and Hydro Lettuces
- Rockmelons, Honeydew and Watermelons are good but prices are firm.
- Pineapples are nice and good value. Papaya is also nice.
- Australian Navel Oranges have started. They are a bit tangy but nice fruit. Valencia (seconds) are still available in 3kg bags.
- Ruby Grapefruit are in season and very good
- Lemons and Limes are good. Lemons are cheaper.
- Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious, Fuji and Granny Smith apples are all in season. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good and cheap at the moment.
- Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears are in season and nice.
- Imperial Mandarins are in full swing and excellent.
- Green Grapes have finished but Red Grapes are still available and nice.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are in season and excellent.
- New season QLD Strawberries have started. The fruit is nice but expensive. Blueberries are out of season and we have stopped them for now.
- Passionfruit are available again.
- Quinces are in season and will be available for a few weeks.
- Our local Hornsby Heights Honey supplier has run out for now so we have returned to sourcing Honey through the Markets.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.