In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Chinese Cabbage is nice again and readily available.
- Hass Avocadoes have started.
- Most vegetable and salad lines are good and relatively cheap.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Sweet Potato
- Brushed Potatoes
- Green Capsicum
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Regular Tomatoes
- Salad Mixes and Hydro Lettuces
- Rockmelons, Honeydew and Watermelons are good.
- Pineapples are nice and good value.
- Papaya is available again and good.
- Australian Navel Oranges have started. They are a bit tangy but nice fruit. Valencia (seconds) are still available in 3kg bags.
- New season Lemons and Ruby Grapefruit have started. Limes are still good value.
- Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious, Fuji and Granny Smith apples are all in season. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are good and cheap at the moment.
- Packham, Beurre Bosc and Nashi Pears are in season and nice.
- Imperial Mandarins are in full swing and excellent.
- Green Grapes have finished but Red Grapes are still available and nice.
- Australian Kiwifruit have started but are slow to ripen.
- We have finished up all stone fruit until next season.
- Strawberries are good but expensive. Blueberries are out of season and we have stopped them for now.
- Passionfruit are available again.
- Our local Hornsby Heights Honey supplier has run out for now so we have returned to sourcing Honey through the Markets.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Monday for delivery to Asquith, Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby, Hornsby Heights, Mount Colah, Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.