In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Cauliflower, Chinese Cabbage and Avocadoes are expensive due to light supply.
- Australian Asparagus has finished so we have switched to imported.
- Green Oak Lettuces are nice again.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Sweet Potato
- Brushed Potatoes
- Green Capsicum
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Chinese Vegetables
- Silverbeet Spinach
- Salad Mixes and Hydro Lettuces
- Rockmelons, Honeydew and Watermelons are good.
- Pineapples are nice but supply is light.
- Papaya is unavailable due to supply and quality issues.
- Valencia Oranges are in season. USA Navels are also available.
- Ruby Grapefruit and Lemons are a bit scarce. Limes are abundant and cheap.
- New season Gala apples have started. Pink Lady, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are also available and good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are nice but prices have tightened.
- New season Williams Pears have started.
- Grapes are in season and nice.
- Italian Kiwifruit are available but expensive.
- Peaches and Nectarines are in season and excellent.
- There are nice Plums available but Apricots have finished.
- We have finished up Cherries and Mangoes with the best of the season over.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are good but prices are firm.
- Passionfruit are available and nice.
- Our local Hornsby Heights Honey supplier has run out for now so we have returned to sourcing Yellow Box Honey through the Markets.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Monday for delivery to Asquith, Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby, Hornsby Heights, Mount Colah, Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.