In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Chinese Cabbage and Avocadoes are expensive due to light supply.
- Australian Asparagus has finished so we have switched to imported.
- Red Oak Lettuces are good again but Green Oak are unavailable due to poor quality.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Butternut Pumpkin
- Sweet Potato
- Brushed Potatoes
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Silverbeet Spinach
- Salad Mixes, Baby Cos and Red Oak Lettuce
- Rockmelons, Honeydew and Watermelons are nice.
- Pineapples and Papaya are also very good.
- Valencia Oranges are in season. USA Navels are also available.
- Ruby Grapefruit are very good. Lemons are a bit scarce. Limes are abundant and cheap.
- Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples are all still available and good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Bananas are plentiful and cheap.
- New season Clapp Pears have started.
- Grapes are in season and nice.
- Italian Kiwifruit are available but expensive.
- Peaches and Nectarines are in season and excellent.
- There are nice Plums available but Apricots have finished.
- We have finished up Cherries and Mangoes with the best of the season over.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are good but prices are firm.
- Passionfruit are available and nice.
- Our local Hornsby Heights Honey supplier has run out for now so we have returned to sourcing Yellow Box Honey through the Markets.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.