In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Asparagus is now in season.
- The Brussels Sprouts season has finished.
- Cos Lettuce are unavailable due to quality issues. Baby Cos are good.
- Prices are generally up due to heavy rain and flooding in the primary vegetable growing areas in Queensland.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Butternut and Jap Pumpkin
- Red Potatoes
- Green Capsicum
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Regular Tomatoes
- Silverbeet Spinach
- Salad Mixes and Hydro Lettuces
- Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious, Fuji and Granny Smith Apples are all available and good. NZ Jazz are also available. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham Pears are still very good. Nashi and Buerre Bosc Pears have finished.
- Navel Oranges are still excellent. Blood Oranges and Ruby Grapefruit are also very good.
- Tangelos and Afourer Mandarins are still very good.
- Lemons and Limes are good. Lemons are the best value.
- Bananas are good and prices are steady.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit are still excellent. Gold Kiwi have finished for this season.
- Mangoes have started and the early season fruit is very good.
- We won’t start any stone fruit just yet as the early fruit is disappointing.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are nice.
- We have started some nice USA Red Seedless Grapes.
- Pineapples and Papaya are very good.
- Rockmelons and Watermelons are nice.
- Passionfruit are unavailable at the moment.
- New season Dates are now available.
- Our local Hornsby Heights Honey supplier has run out for now so we have returned to sourcing Yellow Box Honey through the Markets.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.