In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Eggplant, Brussels Sprouts and Avocado prices are up.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Butternut and Jap Pumpkin
- Brushed (still dirty) Potatoes
- Green Capsicum
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Regular and Cherry Tomatoes
- Salad Mixes and Hydro Lettuces
- Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious, Jazz, Fuji and Granny Smith Apples are all available and good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham and Buerre Bosc Pears are also very good. Nashi Pears are finishing and only available in larger fruit.
- Navel Oranges are still excellent but fruit is scarce. Blood Oranges and Ruby Grapefruit are also very good.
- Imperial Mandarins have finished. Tangelos and Afourer Mandarins are still very good.
- Lemons and Limes are good.
- Bananas are good and still quite cheap.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are in season and excellent.
- Mangoes have started and the early season fruit is very good.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are nice.
- We have started some nice USA Red Seedless Grapes.
- Pineapples and Papaya are very good.
- All melons are good. Rockmelons are the best value.
- Passionfruit are nice but prices have tightened.
- New season Dates are now available.
- Our local Hornsby Heights Honey supplier has run out for now so we will return to sourcing Honey through the Markets.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.