In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Eggplant, Beans and Cucumbers are a bit expensive.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Brushed (still dirty) Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts
- Red and Green Capsicum
- Regular and Roma Tomatoes
- Salad Mixes and Hydro Lettuces
- Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious, Fuji and Granny Smith Apples are available and very good. Jazz Apples (larger apple) are also available. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham, Buerre Bosc and Nashi Pears are also in season.
- Australian Navel Oranges in season and excellent. Blood Oranges and Ruby Grapefruit are also very good.
- Imperial Mandarins and Tangelos are still nice. Afourer Mandarins have also started.
- Lemons and Limes are good.
- Bananas are good and very cheap.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are in season and excellent.
- Strawberries and Blueberries are nice.
- All Australian Grapes have finished. USA Grapes are expected soon.
- Pineapples and Papaya are still nice but prices are up.
- All melons are good. Rockmelons are the best value.
- Passionfruit are available and nice.
- Dates are unavailable until the new season shipment arrives which is imminent.
- Try our local Hornsby Heights Honey which again rated well at this year’s Easter show.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Wednesday for delivery to Artarmon, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West, East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Gordon East, Gordon West, Killara, Lindfield, Middle Cove, Northbridge, North Willoughby, Pymble (West side), Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives (South), Turramurra (West side), West Lindfield, West Pymble and Willoughby on Thursday afternoon or evening.