In Vegetable and Salad lines;
- Jap Pumpkin, Eggplant and Beans are pricey due to short supply.
- Corn and Tomato prices have eased.
- Most other vegetable and salad lines are good and prices are reasonable.
The best value vegetable and salad items are;
- Qld Pumpkin
- Brushed (still dirty) Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts
- Lebanese Cucumbers
- Asian Vegetables
- Silverbeet Spinach
- Salad Mix
- Pink Lady, Gala, Red Delicious, Fuji and Granny Smith Apples are available and very good. Store apples covered in the fridge to keep them crisp.
- Packham, Buerre Bosc and Nashi Pears are also in season.
- Australian Navels Oranges in season and excellent. Blood Oranges and Ruby Grapefruit have also started and are very good.
- Imperial Mandarins are in full swing. Tangelos are also in season.
- Lemons are cheaper but Limes are up.
- Bananas are good but prices are firm.
- New Zealand Kiwifruit and Kiwi Gold are in season and excellent.
- There are some nice early season Strawberries and. Blueberries available.
- Red Grapes are still nice but Green Grapes have finished.
- Pineapples are excellent and Papaya is still nice.
- All melons are good but prices are firm.
- Passionfruit are available and nice.
- Dates are unavailable until the new season shipment arrives which is expected mid-August.
- Try our local Hornsby Heights Honey which again rated well at this year’s Easter show.
Order your home delivered fruit and vegetables before 8:30 pm on Monday for delivery to Asquith, Beecroft, Berowra, Berowra Heights, Hornsby, Hornsby Heights, Mount Colah, Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, North Turramurra, North Wahroonga, Pennant Hills, Pymble (East side), South Turramurra, St Ives, St Ives Chase, Thornleigh, Turramurra, Wahroonga, Warrawee and Westleigh on Tuesday afternoon or evening.